The human body is a perfect mechanism in which all the pieces fulfil an important role. The arteries make up an important part of it. Unfortunately, few people truly pay attention to them and make sure they’re healthy. However, if they get blocked, you’re going to have a real problem. In today’s post, we’re bringing you four natural remedies that will help unclog your arteries.
The arteries are shaped like tubes. Blood passes through them from the heart to the other organs. When they become clogged or blocked by fat in the form of cholesterol that’s inside them, diseases develop. Therefore, it’s essential to make sure this doesn’t happen to us.
Dangerous Consequences of Clogged Arteries
The obstruction of the arteries is a “silent killer” because people don’t realize that they have a problem until they suffer the consequences.
Blocked arteries, restrict blood and oxygen flowing through them. As a result, your organs and tissues will not receive the nutrients they need. This can trigger consequences like:
- Heart Attacks
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Coronary artery conditions
- Peripheral arterial disease.
Who is most likely to be affected
Because of their lifestyle, sedentary people, smokers, and people who have a bad diet and are obese, have a very high risk of suffering from this disease. The problem is that it’s difficult to unclog these people’s arteries because of their habits. In addition, those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and those who suffer from arthritis, may also suffer from this condition. And older adults are especially vulnerable as they age.
A healthy diet helps to unclog your arteries
Eating healthy is the first step to unclogging your arteries. To start taking advantage of it, one of the first measures to take is to eliminate the consumption of ultra-processed foods, fried foods, and sweets. Then, you have to integrate more fresh foods into youe diet (fruits, vegetables, legumes, etc.) and replace harmful fats with healthy sources of fat.
All this, in addition to the consumption of the following foods that we’re going to mention below, is what could help unclog arteries.
Five foods that you should definitely include in your diet:
- Garlic. It’s said that it cleanses our arteries of bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Oats. This is a very complete cereal and reduces the odds that bad cholesterol (LDL) will adhere to the arteries. With its intake, you’ll avoid suffering from cardiovascular diseases and arteriosclerosis.
- Spinach. It’s said that this is a food that prevents cholesterol from oxidizing, thanks to its high vitamin A and C content. Other green leafy vegetables with the same properties are lettuce and chard.
- Nuts. They’re rich in monounsaturated fats and omega-3, two essential components to unclog arteries. You should choose walnuts, peanuts, almonds, and hazelnuts. In addition, they’re satiating.
- Apple. This is a fruit rich in nutrients such as pectin, a fiber that lowers blood cholesterol. It also helps reduce the risk of heart attacks by 50%, since it’s rich in flavonoids.
Four natural remedies to unclog your arteries
1. Garlic milk,
Garlic milk is a drink made from fresh garlic cloves. They shouldn’t be crushed. Instead, add them whole.
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 3 garlic cloves
- First, cut the garlic cloves into slices.
- Put the milk in a pot, add the garlic slices, and bring it to a boil.
- Wait for it to cool and drink
2. Golden milk
Golden milk is well-known in alternative medicine. People have attributed it anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, which is why it’s believed that it can relieve certain discomforts, while promoting blood flow, thus helping to prevent the formation of clots and avoiding arterial obstruction. It can also help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL).
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (5 g)
- Honey (25 g)
- A glass of milk (250 ml)
- Heat the milk and add the turmeric and honey.
- Mix well and drink.
3. Cayenne pepper tea
To unclog your arteries, cayenne pepper is a great option. It contains antioxidants that will help improve blood circulation and prevent cardiovascular problems. Additionally, it’ll effectively fight cholesterol oxidation in your blood vessels.
- 1 cup of hot water (250 ml).
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (5 g).
- Heat the water. When it boils, remove it from the heat and add the cayenne pepper.
- Let it cool for a few minutes. When it reaches a bearable temperature, drink it
4. Linseed tea
This is also very effective for fighting cardiovascular diseases. Linseed has anti-inflammatory properties thanks to their high content of fatty acids, like alpha-linoleic. That’s why they help clean the arteries, while also preventing the oxidation of cholesterol inside of them.
- 1 cup of hot water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of linseed (30 g)
- Soak the linseed in water over night.
- The next day, strain the seeds and drink the liquid, preferably on an empty stomach.
As you can see, being able to unclog your arteries is a matter of implementing good habits, not relying solely on the consumption of a remedy or food as such. Thus, eat healthy, exercise, and always follow your doctor’s recommendations so that you improve and notice the benefits.
Arteries are extremely important to your health. So then, allowing them to have a build up of plaque is putting your life at risk. Hence an unhealthy diet causes an unhealthy outcome. But a healthy diet can go a long way to help your body to reverse some bad effects. So then think clearly about the food you buy and try to ensure it is healthy for you.
Important Note *
Remember that everyone is different, and it is ultimately YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to find what your body responds to. So please do your due diligence before trying anything new, including getting Medical Advice to ensure your safety and peace of mind.
Connect with me and leave a comment or two on my social media.
4 replies on “Unclog Arteries Naturally”
Thank you for your very wise and comprehensive advice on ways to unclog the arteries. Also lifestyle/diet advice on keeping the circulatory system healthy. I really enjoy and learn a great deal from your posts.
Hi Ursula, I appreciate your feedback, I try hard to research and send out, posts with good information that is relevant to our age in life, I hope you also enjoy and practice the exercises, all the very best, Ian
Thank you for important and interesting information. I will definitely incorporate the drinks into my diet. Off to buy oats.
Thank you, Rosina, I appreciate your feedback, I try hard to research and send out, posts with good information that is relevant to our age in life, I hope you enjoy and practice the exercises, all the very best, Ian