What Muscles Will You Be Targeting
Lower Body Strength. To stretch and strengthen your hips, you’ll want to target:
- The gluteus maximus, the main extensor muscle of the hip
- And gluteus medius, the main muscle on the side of the hip
Lower Body Strength. Essentially, you’ll be strengthening and stretching the back and sides of the hips. And, you will still benefit from hip exercises, if you currently have no hip issues. And, stretching and strengthening the muscles in this area helps build stability and flexibility. Hence, with flexibility, you can move with ease and avoid injury. So then, many people have weak or inflexible hips due to excessive sitting and too little exercise.
A Low Side To Side Lunge
Lower Body Strength. Use the back of a strong chair for stability. I could not use a chair, as you could not see me clearly, it would have been in front of me
- Hold the chair for stability, and shift your whole weight to the left leg.
- And, take a side step with the right leg, before lowering the body.
- Bend the left knee and push the butt backward
- Try not to raise up while you shift your weight on to your right side
- But, switch back and forth for about 15 repetitions on each of your sides
- Practice this routine 3 sets, if you can, or do what you can manage.
- If this is challenging, do a little less and try to build up each time.
Abductor Side Raise
- Lie on your side supported with one of your elbows, with one leg on the ground bent with the top one straight
- Next, raise the top leg slowly, as high as you can, also, hold for 5 to 10 seconds before lowering
- In addition, ankle weights will enhance the intensity, However, if you wish to use them, start slowly before you increase weight
- Practice this routine from 1 to 3 sets with 12 to 15 repetitions each set.
- Rest between the sets
Do not try to go fast with this exercise slow is good.
- First, form the push-up position
- Second, bring the right knee in, extend it back. Do the same with the left knee. And as the knee goes forward move it towards the oposite arm
- Next, alternate the legs and move slowly and deliberately whilst maintaining proper form.
- As a result, practice this routine for 3 sets of 15 repetitions, or as much as you can do.
Do this exercise to tone and strengthen your hips and glutes
- From an all fours position, lift your right knee, keeping it bent as you kick upward and backwards.
- Bring the bottom of your foot toward the ceiling.
- Return to the starting position.
- Do 2–3 sets of 10–15 repetitions on each side. However, do as much as you can manage.
Forward or Rear Lunges
How to do a back lunge and a forward lunge?
- For a forward lunge, take a large step forward and land on your heel.
- So then, shift your weight on to the front foot and sink your hips down until your front thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Push off the front foot to return to the starting position.
- Doing the back lunge, take a large step back with one foot and land with your toes curled under and forward.
- Also, reverse lunges are safer for your knees and spine relative to a front lunge.
These exercises will help to increase strength in the lower body. In particular, they will increase movement in the hips. And that get stiff from sitting. Also always do what you can, rest when you need to. Start slowly and build-up
Important Note *
Remember that everyone is different, and it is ultimately YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to find what your body responds to. So please do your due diligence before trying anything new, including getting Medical Advice to ensure your safety and peace of mind.